Monday, August 11, 2008

Yellow Monday

I thought it befitting to start a new week with some unusual, yellow and possibly inspirational Danish food encounters.

The starter - which I admittedly didn't even sample since I'm neither a great fan of raw onion nor do I in general fancy fruit and vegetables mixes... - which looked pretty indeed and I'm sure there are plenty people out there who find this salad mix of textures and flavours quite appealing; fresh pineapple, red onion and cress - Hotel Prindsen, Roskilde

IMG_3614

Main course was an alas very less than substantial vegetarian salad Eastern style, I wish they could have shown ingenuity and replaced the omitted scampi with some halloumi for example, instead it was just very... green and airy and didn't do much for hungry vegetarians. But I did like the medley of mango - see, there are exception to my no-mixing-of-fruit-vegetables-rule - , sweet chili, mixed lettuce, baby carrots and coriander croutons - Ledreborg Palace Golf Club

IMG_3543

And to drink - at one of my favourite places for food in Copenhagen, Pussy Galore's Flying Circus - something quite lovely, warm elderflower cordial with a slice of lemon and lime. To me elderflower cordials are so very summer, and having it warm in wintertime must be a perfect trip down memory lane to summer, don't you think?

IMG_3410

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...