Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Eating Out - Pussy Galore's Flying Circus, Copenhagen

070804 112

As I'm pretty sure I've mention a few - or possibly, just possibly more - times before, that Copenhagen is one of my city loves away from home. And you know how it is with favourite places, they tend to have favourite places within, for food, relaxation, culture, shopping, fun, just being away from home. Instead of looking for new venues you keep returning to these favourites because you know they do without a doubt got what you want. At least possibly till the next chef, or the next proprietor arrives, but that's another story not relevant to this post, I'm glad to say.

One eatery I gladly keep returning to almost every time I'm in or around Copenhagen is Pussy Galore's Flying Circus - website unfortunately under new construction, don't know why since I think it was kind of perfect as it was - a no frills, laid back, unpretentious restaurant, bar, café, hangout that serve food and drinks from hearty breakfasts in the morning to dinner and fancy drinks in the evening. I'm not too crazy about their indoor ambiance and decor style, but the outdoor area at the square St Hans Torv surrounded by busy streets is just the thing in the summers. Not exactly city center, but definitely worth the walk, drive, detour.

070804 110

I'm admittedly not a (veggie) burger kind of gal in general, the few good ones I've truly enjoyed can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Well made or not, it's just not my type of food. Simply too much of a fast food stigmata attached to them. And what's with all that bread? Having said that, let's stick to the veggie nut burger above which makes one's mouth water just by its looks (burger made with peanuts and chickpeas.) And those fries, don't they look like crispy golden delight?

The meal tastes just as great as it looks, the only obvious negative bit about the it being that its ridiculously over sized and even if I don't have any urges to finish all the food on my plate I just think it's completely wasteful with these huge servings.

IMG_3411

They do serve these wonderful power juices too, heavenly bursting with fruits perk me uppers. And some totally sublime ice coffees. The desserts aren't half bad either, but since I'm always completely stuffed after half a serving of that nutty burger I've only had a piece of dessert once - and that's plain weird coming from me, the one who always consider top notch restaurants being those with a carefully prepared dessert menu - this rather unusual and very pretty chocolate pistachio cake with raspberry sauce and sesame seed crunchie.

And you have to agree that their warm elderflower cordial is darn pleasing to the eye (as well as the palate, trust me.) ~

IMG_3410


Pussy Galore's Flying Circus
St Hans Torv 30
Copenhagen, Denmark

For another restaurant with great vegetarian food in Copenhagen, I suggest RizRaz
And for possibly the best ice latte in the world, head to Baresso

3 comments:

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

It is morning. I am up since a quarter to 5; I look at your food and it looks pretty good...mmmh I think I need breakfast. Have a nice day Pia..tomorrow.

Mama Feline said...

Oooh Pia your pictures have made me desire a midnight feast - I'll have to scratch in the fridge to find something deelicious!

Pia K said...

Thanks for stopping by, Titania, I hope you did get a nice breakfast!

Oops, sorry about that, FF, hope you did find something well worth eating at that time of day/night...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...