Monday, March 16, 2009

Springy Windows

IMG_4212

This shop window totally perked up my day the other week with its springy, colourful display of goodies. Can't say I'm crazy about all the things on display - although the pale pink handbag and the lime green skirt with flowers and butterflies teamed up with that green/magenta chequered blouse to the right would definitely be happily invited into my home and life - but the gaudity oh the utter gaudity, that almost made me swoon in immense delight right there and then. The joy of enchanting colours in spring can do that.

IMG_4831

This optician's window - Bågar & Glas & Linser ~ Rims & Glasses & Lenses - may not look all that. But at close inspection I clearly knew that I need at least three new pair of glasses - all green delight in Harry Potterish style, seen in the middle, one of them even has orange bows, now how utterly wonderful is that?! - a couple of new spectacle cases - one green with frogs, one yellow with bees - and so definitely a pair of new, green sunglasses. The ones resting snazzily beside the tulips in a pot.

IMG_4833

Totally irresistible. Window shopping can obviously be expensive. At least for the peace of mind.

4 comments:

Anne said...

What shop window is that?? The pink handbag is calling my name... or maybe not. But it looks lovely!

Pia K said...

Hornsgatan, close to Mariatorget. It was lovely yes, but probably *bit* impractical in colour, hm.

Anonymous said...

I just fell in love with that red-dotted skirt. Lucky me that I live too far away, so I can easily resist the temptation :)

Pia K said...

I'm sure you'll find something springy in a window display near you to tempt your Spring investment need, Tardis...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...