Tuesday, August 09, 2011

goodbye eulalia

IMG_3419

I have had to say sad goodbye to several cats over the years, most have been due to old age, some have been disease or both of course. Some goodbyes have been harder than others, some personalities (like with any beings) just touch a special place in your heart more than those others.

Today I had to say a final goodbye to the apple of my heart, Eulalia. Just like her paternal grandmother Aurora (and great grandmother before that) she was special, special in a good, moodlifting, sweet, mischievous and quirky way. And adorable to look at, she won a lot of fine prizes at cat shows before she (and I) retired from that scene. She had the sweetest face and the cuddliest personality. From the time she was born in June 1998 until now, I loved her a lot. Little precious cream face.

Today we had to take a final farewell, her decline from bouncy happy to not well at all happened very quickly, the veterinarian said it could be a number of old age common disease reason. And I have promised myself to never ever again put an elderly cat who have lived a long (of course it's never long enough...) and healthy, happy life through any medical procedures ever again. So the decision was easy. The farewell of course not.

Eulalia Eilean Donan
Eulalia about 6 weeks old

IMG_1719

Little creamy sunshine furface,
thank you for 13 lovely, blessed years,
be safe, be happy over there ~

IMG_1837

14 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I'm so, so sorry. I wish I had words of comfort. I don't think we ever truly "recover" from these losses, we just become accustomed to the absence of the Being who so touched us.

(((Hugs))) and Peace.

Suman said...

So sorry for your loss, Pia. I know how it feels losing a dear, dear kitty.
Take heart.

Suman said...

So sorry to hear about this. I know how it feels to loose a dear, dear kitty. They all leave such haunting voids in our life and hearts forever...
Take heart.

Gen said...

I´m so sorry to learn about Eulalia´s death. I agree with Fuzzy Tales; the emptiness that our beloved cats leave in our lives is hard to fill.
Love,
Gen
She was gorgeous, look at her, in that pic as a kitten. She looked like a fluffy toy.

pärlbesatt said...

Beklagar sorgen! :´(

Och vad fantastiskt ljuvligt söt hon var som kattunge! Som en liten kaka!

Anne said...

Åh, lilla eu... det är alltid sorgligt att mista en av familjemedlemmarna. Stor kram.

Erica said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I always loved seeing photos of sweet Eulalia. Many purrs and hugs to warm your heart....

Growing Up Gramma said...

So very sorry for your loss. A few years ago, we lost a cat we had had for 18 years. She grew up with our kids. She was an cranky old lady that we all adored. When she was a younger cat she would hide and jump out at the kids to "play " with them. She would also sit on top of an upright freezer and wack my brother every time he walked by, she HATED him. She was grumpy, and moody and completely lovable. I still miss her

Felis said...

Oh poor, dear Pia! I know what is this burning feeling of sadness. What can I say to you... I'm so sad, I can't write without cry! I'm so sorry for your loss! One more little angel in the sky...

DahnStarr said...

Matt Kitty (girl) was a little thing that even as a grown cat still looked like a kitty. In her life she was able to share a few years with my daughter and I. The bulk of her 16+ years she lived with my best friend. It was a very sad day for all of us when she had to be let go. Very sorry for your loss. <3

viridiana said...

Oh Pia, I'm so sorry...

Pia K said...

a comment i accidently deleted -

"I am so sorry. The right decision in cases like this hurts so much. They wind their paws firmly into your heart strings and never let go. Hugs." - Elephant's Child

Poppy Q said...

Ohhh Miss Pia, we are truly sorry for the loss of your sweet cream beauty. The photos are just wonderful, and we are sorry that your time together has ended.

Hugs to you

Julie and Poppy Q
xxxx

laura said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. Pets are part of the family (to me) so I know it is a big loss. At least she had a long healthy life. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...