Thursday, August 16, 2007

Different Priorities

Right now I could be suffering from a serious case of overeating - I made this absolutely amazing tasting spelt wheat bread yesterday. The recipe called for whole wheat and plain wheat flour. I changed the latter to spelt just because I had some at home which I wanted to finish. I'm rarely enthusiastic with plain bread I make myself, too doughy, to yeast-tasting, too dry, flavourless and so on...
070815 025
But this one was truly one of the best breads I've ever tasted! I hope I'll be able to get it right the next time too... The texture was wonderful, crunchy on top, chewy inside and rosemary, like always, adding a wonderful flavour. Quite the addictive thing really, but I resisted, most of the bread ended up safely in the freezer. Actually.
070815 017
But we all have our different priorities in this household, while I went all excited about the rosemary bread, Prunella became obsessed over a rhubarb stem. I think that sort of frenzied look in her eyes and the way she holds on to that stem kind of resemble me with the bread. Slightly.

4 comments:

stromsjo said...

That bread looks yummy!

Incidentally I had a strange Danish beef-experience tonight which could have turned anyone into a vegetarian, at least temporarily. Well, I won’t go into any details. I’ll just join Prunella in waiting for the next bread delivery... :)

Pia K said...

It wasn't by any chance at Jensens böfhus? I myself have had a nasty encounter with a salmonfilet there once *my first and only ever visit to JB*

1-0 for vegetarianism:)

stromsjo said...

Ehm, well... let’s just say that it was a rather well-known establishment opposite the Central Station... :)

And, in fairness, their staff was professional and the customer was quickly compensated. Still, you’ve got a point.

Pia K said...

I often do...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...