Tuesday, September 09, 2014

crafting a life map


Remember the 'Storytelling for change' class I signed up for last week? Time has come to finish the first assignment tomorrow and it's a life map. To be honest I've never made a life map before, have you? And this one is suppose to revolve around a social cause one is really passionate about. And we should spend about 45 minutes to craft it. How anyone can construct it in a creative, qualitative, plausible and convincing way in such a short amount of time beats me. I would not be able to do it.

For me that is obviously animal rights. So now I'm trying to trace my way to the beginning and to where I am today. I refuse to do it in an obvious born - school - university - work way and instead I begin where my convictions begun with stops along the way and the way my mind and thoughts work.

I think I'm done with the words now, tomorrow I'll think some more about appropriate pictures to illustrate my journey. And then upload. If I had had more time I would probably have done it differently, elaborated some more. Although, elaborated I have, perhaps a bit more than life maps usually do. Ah well, it's my life map and this is my cause.

And please remember -

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated” – Mahatma Gandhi


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have picked an important topic that should concern everyone. We all know, how dear to your heart that it is...
I like your idea of the beginning and to the ending...all the rest is just life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...