Thursday, January 03, 2008

First Day of Snow

IMG_0171

I could say this was the first day of snow this year, in Stockholm, which is absolutely true. But I also think, if my memory serves me right - and it mostly do -, that it's the first day of proper snow remaining on the ground and not being washed away by rain the next minute this winter season. Flippin' amazing! And really darn cold.

IMG_0186

And I suppose, it wasn't the brightest idea to head out with the new camera, since mittens and camera is an unsolvable equation... And the light was rather poor - since that's of course the one and only reason for pictures turning out not all that good. But I did get a whole lot of fresh air! And to experience Stockholm in snow is never ever, ever, a bad thing. Simply lovely.

IMG_0194

We had a walk in one of Stockholm's little hidden picturesque quarters, mainly consisting of old wooden houses. The oldest ones laid down in the mid 17th century, and today of major cultural historical value, Djurgårdsstaden, a tiny part of Djurgården. That part of the city I wrote about last spring, and autumn, and more information you find here too

IMG_0189

IMG_0201
The pretty winter entrance of the open air museum Skansen
IMG_0228
Stockholm at dusk, i e around 3 pm...
And, as usual, more pictures can be found in my Flickr album

3 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos, like always. Love these!

xox

Wendy said...

I love Stockholm in the snow! It's just so very very pretty. :)

Pia K said...

Thanks, Heidikins and Wendy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...