Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Soy Yarn

IMG_4086

This is soy. No it isn't edible - despite liquorice nose interest, but on the other hand, that nose thinks most anything should be tried out as food - it's yarn. In a mix of wool and soy. The colour, perhaps not quite visible in the photos, is a lovely soft sweet shade blend of white, grey, purple, violet. The plan is, when I've finished some (too long) ongoing yarn projects I'll turn these hanks into a cosy long scarf. One perfect way to beat the winter blues.

IMG_4005

Grown in a responsible and long term thinking way soy can have a great environmental impact and of course many healthy benefits, read more here and here

2 comments:

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Pia this is a gorgeous yarn (incl.little licorice nose) My fingers say yes but my mind says no because there (is) many projects waiting to be finished!
Have a nice day!

Pia K said...

I know what you mean, Titania, there's a bit too much of the yarn and unfinished project going on here too. Couldn't help myself with this one though...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...