Thursday, November 25, 2010

wooden swan earrings

027

I do believe these earrings fall into the category of rather swoonworthy. Hand carved wooden swan earrings in a style that's apparently called Sankofa. Which in a West-African language means "go back and take". To learn from past experiences and go forward in life.

007

Such a creative idea and a gorgeous result. The stretched look is very appealing I think, but I wouldn't dream of stretching my ears for real of course, thus these nifty earrings are actually made in two pieces which are separated by a post so you just use them as any other post earrings.

With all the woolly caps and hats this time of the Swedish year wearing big statement earpieces is pretty much out of the question. But come lighter, brighter, warmer, no hat wearing days I will be very happy with these I'm sure.

033

Found on Etsy. Of course. Tribal Style's shop is brimming with pretty earrings, necklaces and such made from recycled natural materials like wood, coconut and bone.

6 comments:

Kea said...

Oh, I'm drooling with envy over those GORGEOUS earrings!

pärlbesatt said...

Gud vad vackra! Det är tydligen akan, språket. Från Ghana. Don't get me started gällande ett gammalt specialintresse från Ghana, adinkra-symboler... ;)

Anonymous said...

lovely earrings. there is a movie called sankofa, too. that word seems to be used a lot, i suppose. ;-)

paz

A Bun Can Dance said...

Oh, I love them !

Shaheen said...

My husband bought me a similar pair of earrings last year, not swan though. I just adore these and may just have to put these on my wish list.

heidikins said...

Uh, those earrings are AWESOME!

xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...