Tuesday, November 23, 2010

carrot juice

008

Strangely, me being gifted/cursed with the carrot defect, I'm no fan, have never been, of carrot in the shape of juice. Seems such a waste of good veggie. I thought I'd give it another go when we got all those pretty boxes from Kiviks Musteri. But sadly no, not for me. There's something musty, unpleasing with the carrot flavour in a juice (at least as the major ingredient) that's not the case when eating carrots as... well, carrots as are.

But it is a most perky looking drink. (Just what one need when the weather is as horrid as it has been for many days now, where is the sun hiding?) And I'm sure it's good for you. Just not very good in flavour. No good for me.

017

3 comments:

Kea said...

I like Mott's low-sodium veggie juice. Not a fan of V-8. Not sure if you get either of those brands there. I don't have a juicer, so don't make my own.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Pia; when you juice it yourself, the juice tastes fresh, you also can add an apple to give it a bit of zest. Anyway I have never been a "juice person". I think it is better to eat the whole fruit, or vegetable, munching on an apple is so much better then apple juice.

A Bun Can Dance said...

You totally dislike carrots? But I guess there okay for you in a mixture, say a stew or somesuch?
I like carrots very much and carrot juice too - in fact, you've inspired me to go press some juices for a vitamin boost!
D x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...