Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Great Grumpy Pretender

Really, even if I know the month of April is considered to be the most capricious of all months in Sweden I thought it would be rather straightforward into summer from here on. Ok call me naive if you feel so inclined, but since last week I honestly thought we could expect every day to be a teeny-weeny bit warmer.

I don't demand sun every day, I can deal with a bit of rain, but what I don't want to deal with anymore this season is snow. Come on, be gone. You might be pretty and perfect during about five months each year - then you see it fit either to not appear at all or appear and disappear just as quickly as... well, a snowball in hell - but you're not perfect now. At all, away with you. Rumble.

Today we had the *pleasure* of *enjoying* a temperature of about +-0 degrees C here in the lower east middle of Sweden, teamed up with nasty, damp, bleak winds the day I was chilled to the marrow and right now I feel like I'll never feel warm again. No matter how much tea I consume or how many blankets I dwell under. Shiver and mope.

And the very dire necessity of me even contemplating sticking my strawberry nose outside my safe, warm home today was the fact that I was in bad need of a day cream. I guess that course's lack of forward planning has kind of rubbed of on me... Something I now very much keep my fingers crossed for won't rub off is my skin, I had to make due with a budget version of a day cream - as opposed to my favourite Kiehl's ultra facial cream one - and even if this one comes in a pink jar and promises an abundance of moisture and skin like silk - yeah right - I have my chichi doubts about that. Grump. What if I wake up tomorrow an it's just face off? In the very non-sporty factual way. That would be a bit of a problem, even more so than - and I quote - the great pretender called spring. Growl.

IMG_1005
Edit: The day cream in question has at least a gorgeous scent, something between roses and melon, might have something to do with babassu oil being one of the ingredients.

4 comments:

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

I feel your pain. I'm not very fond of the colder weather - I'm sure I have Mediterranean blood in me! - and whimper away all through spring, autumn, and winter. We had snow here, too, although it vanished in a day - but I wish we could fast forward to the summer...

Pia K said...

Myself I like most seasons, they all have its own distinct charm, and I love snow, in winter. Weather should really very much know its place in time, stick to its own designated time of the year, not interferring with the others. Grump.

John D. said...

I think April is the most capricious here too. WILD swings in the weather. : )

Pia K said...

Indeed it is, John, annoying is a nice way to describe it...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...