Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Flowery Display of Colours

IMG_3714
This richness in colours, exquisiteness and nature's creative splendour is brought to you from the Bergianska Botanical Garden in Stockholm, where many exotic (for our latitudes) flowers and plants are in bloom right now. A rather perfect way to spend a couple of hours when winter still has us northeners in its cold, cold grip.

IMG_3489

Enjoy and have a lovely February 14th, however you chose to spend it ~

IMG_3706

IMG_3688
IMG_3636
IMG_3655
IMG_3646
IMG_3661
IMG_3600
IMG_3652
IMG_3629
IMG_3624
IMG_3516
IMG_3640
IMG_3725
IMG_3711

7 comments:

Felis said...

Great pictures Pia!

Dora said...

I love flowers and the sight of these beautiful flowers really delight me! Thanks for sharing. :)

Mugwort Glutinous Pancake

Plastic Mancunian said...

Those are great pictures, Pia.

I'm dabbling in photography myself so am very keen to see the techniques etc. of others.

Cheers

PM

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

This is a wonderfully exotic bundel of flowers.With some I am quite familiar they are like old friends. I am mostly intrigued with the Manuka teatree from New Zealand. I used to grow these little beauties in different colours and they always gave me a hard time, affected by grubs weaving all the branches together and munching away.

Pia K said...

Thanks, Felis!

Glad you find them uplifting and delightful, Dora!

Thanks, PM, pleased you enjoyed. Yes, studying others and their work, be it photography, writing, painting or anything else is really both inspirational as well as educational.

Thanks, Titania. I didn't even know there were tea tree amongst these photos, I mostly kept snapping away in the greenhouse:) Now I know, and it was a very picturesque shrub and the deep red nuance is lovely I think.

Anonymous said...

Oh, such beauties!

Paz

Pia K said...

Pleased you thought so, Paz. Have a good weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...