Friday, July 03, 2009

let them eat cake

IMG_1247

The perfect round off to a busy as well as - let me point out something I'm sure you haven't heard before - hot week, tea with a lovely cream pastry at a favourite café, Lyran, with what can only be described as one of the best views from a café ever. And we got to enjoy it at the best table there is.

IMG_1257

The weather today was also quite pleasant, not too hot, mild breezes and a dash of showers. Oh, and a cat came climbing through the trees for a café visit. Not any of my liquorice ones, but still the same ingenuity.

IMG_1276

With wishes of a sweet,
summery weekend
for everyone deserving ~

5 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Pia, that cake looks devine. I wish I was sitting in a nice warm cafe in the sun, eating tasty things.

Raining here, and I am stuck in a dark boring hospital room working, just waiting for my next patient.

Enjoy your summer sun.

julieQ

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

What more could one want? Cakes, views, lovely weather, and a cat - what a perfect combo!

Pia K said...

Will do my best with the sun, Julie! I hope you'll get some relaxation too, of course:)

Indeed, afos, indeed!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

said Marie-Antoinette and ate her cake! It sounds good and reminds me that my larder, freezer is empty. I love creamy cakes, they look delicious.

Pia K said...

I wonder if she really uttered those words, Titania, but it makes such a nice phrase:) I hope you've stocked up on some niceties in larder and freezer now, and possibly will enjoy a cream pastry or two in celebration of weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...