Saturday, July 04, 2009

all organic quick meal

IMG_1381

Yesterday was cake day, today is all organic light meal here in blog. Another summer time favourite meal - well, all year round really, when I want something quick and satisfying - Swedish filmjölk (sour milk, and not at all as nasty as that might sound), applesauce and muesli. While happily munching I realised that it was not only very tasty and satisfying it was also all organic.

Applesauce from multi-awardwinning Coop brand Änglamark (I buy that a lot, not only because my closest supermarket happens to be a Coop, but because the brand is very, very good).

Sour milk from Swedish major dairy Arla's organic range (which I do hope, naively or not, means that the cows live a decent and fulfilling life...)

Fruit muesli (I didn't happen to have some of my fine own made left) from a small farm bakery in the vicinity of Saltå Kvarn, Almviksgårds Bageri. I thought the bag with its content looked nice and it was indeed very good (organic rolled oats, sunflower seeds, raisins, syrup, rapeseed oil). For perfectness it should have contained nuts too, but I can add that myself I suppose.

Simple summer yum in a bowl.

Do you have a simple summer meal favourit? If so, what is it?

4 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I think I would just have milk or yoghurt with that, I am thinking the sour milk would be an acquired taste. The rest looks good though.

Pia K said...

Sour milk is just a dash more tangy than yoghurt and a bit more liquid, Jacqueline, but yes even if us Swedes eat this quite a lot since forever some people can't stand the flavour or consistency. Like my mother and M.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

I like organic,full cream, plain yoghurt and add whatever I have in the garden on fruits or berries. At the moment it is the big Lilikoy,huge yellow Passionfruits. This is one of my favourite's.

Pia K said...

Oh, that sounds heavenly, Titania! Passionfruit from your own garden...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...