Saturday, September 15, 2007

Does Time Wait for Someone?

Time waits for noone, or so they say. But who are they to say?

Myself I take pride in my, sometimes, outstanding ability to procrastinate. In fact one might, if in that mood, say that my middle name doesn't begin with a K but really with a P for procrastinatress. Since I mostly do my best job when having procrastinated for a while and getting short of time, deadline closing in on me, I've settled and am fine with the fact that this is just who I am.

And as always, there are exceptions to this rule of procrastination *can anyone tell how I adore this word...*, some things, situations, tasks I can get completely absorbed in from the moment I see them, get them in my hands, twinkling enthusiasm with absolutely no hint of procrastination. I do believe I prefer the latter situations. Generally.

On the other hand, if every situation, task, thing could be absorbed with this wholehearted enthusiasm there wouldn't be time for anything else. Definitely not the things that get procrastinated, but that mostly in the end get done and, believe it or not, often give a lot of satisfaction haven been dealt with. All in due procrastination time.

Not to mention the fact that there wouldn't be room for just being, calmly, space to breath. And now and then, discovering new things, situations and labours of love.

I am though, a procrastinator with somewhat contradictive features, since I'm generally not very patient. At all. I really, very much so, like to get things done, here and now, over and done with. No fuss, please no drag on, thank you very much. Of course it's quite alright when I procrastinate - then it's done with very careful consideration of every implication possible, and then some... - somehow, when others do that, it's just not as an endearing feature...

Some cases, some situations, some labours of procrastination have a lot to do with fears. Fears for all the whats, ifs and maybes. Far from all fears are bad ones, sometimes they're just a healthy portion of self-preservation. Other times fear for the unknown, rejections, makes us upset our own possible plans.

I love myself for every time I actually don't let myself be prevented by my very self when I feel those trembles of fears. When I am instead completely true to myself. The thrills of challenging oneself, and for all those times one actually find oneself growing with the new situation, they're oh so worth their weight in gold...

But be as it may, overall I am proud of being an impatient procrastinatress - if I at the same time am being true to myself - it's a challenge, an art that always needs improvement, a not so final touch. I do believe timing is everything.

070829 032

6 comments:

Jenni Shortt said...

denmark seems such a beautiful and clean place, and the food looks awesome! :)

Pia K said...

On one hand it's a lot like Sweden, on the other so completely different, mostly in a good way, and I just love spending time there!

Thanks for stopping by, tippitappi:)

stromsjo said...

Every place and country has its qualities but my first and lasting impression of Denmark is people smoking literally everywhere. Not my cup of tea.

Pia K said...

This is really strange , why does the comments on Denmark find their way to this post...

Ah, but that's just it, I really loathe smoking too and I totally agree that's or at least used to be one of the cons with Denmark. Many indoor restaurants *shudder*, but things have really very much so cleared up when it comes to smoking. It's far from that obvious as it once was, you really should give it another try, Per.

stromsjo said...

My mistake, commenting on the wrong post. (Don't worry, it's not part of Blogger's German campaign...) My fancy reader software has me all confused now and then. Reading my good old paper on the train today was a lot simpler...

Pia K said...

Oh I don't know about that, you're not the only one whose comments on Denmark end up here, I detect a hint of German disorder...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...