Friday, September 07, 2007

A Play by Food from Scania to Denmark

Hardly anything written about food in almost a week now, I think it's safe to play with it again. Only very figuratively written of course. So before we take the Öresundsbron to Denmark, you just shouldn't miss a visit at Bageri Caféet (The Bakery café), Malmö Saluhall, Lilla Torg in Malmö. Their different bagels are just incredibly tasty. Here's the vegetarian version.
070804 265
070804 268
070804 267
Not to mention their different pies and cheesecakes... Oh my. Through experimentalism over the years - and I'm far from a regular visitor to Malmö, but when I do stop by, I always definitely have my lunch at Bageri Caféet... I'm sure I miss out on other places to eat, but really, this one is so perfect I don't much care! - I've reached the conclusion that there are two cakes always worth to nibble at. First place, the milkchocolate/banana pie, second place, passionfruit cheesecake with queenjam.
070804 274
Now it's high time to take the bridge over the channel and land in the city I'm most unfaithful with - Copenhagen, wonderful, amazing, gorgeous Copenhagen... And since the next pitch in Denmark will include a lot of physical endeavours I might as well take you to some selected places for food, to fill up on energy for what is to come...
köpenhamn april 2006 049
köpenhamn april 2006 072
One of those favourite places of mine had for unknown reasons closed since last time, the Moroccan tea room Thé á la Menthe. Such a pity about that charming place with such good food, beverages and lovely ambiance! It would probably not have passed the Swedish health and safety regulations, but really, we could most probably do without quite a few less of those in this country of hyper-manic safety philosophy at all costs...
070804 245
Something I do think one has every right to be hyper-manic about is without a doubt the world's greatest ice-latte which is to be found at Baresso. I dream about it, I rave about it, I yearn for it, and I'm in good company since Bill Clinton dropped by once upon a time and gave thumbs up.
köpenhamn april 2006 146
köpenhamn april 2006 144
The most savoury vegetarian buffet is to be found at RizRaz - the best of the two is situated at my very favourite street for shopping and window browsing, parallel street to overrated, touristy, crowded, main pedestrian street Ströget - Kompanistraede or Straedet.
070804 110
070804 112
On the other side of town, at St Hans Torv, they serve a mean nutty burger at Pussy Galore's Flying Circus. Nutty as in vegetarian of course, served with delicious home made chips. To drink I recommend a delicious power juice or the far from bad ice coffee. And if you've the capacity to finish at least half of those huge portions of food, you're well set to take on the Danish challenges to come...

3 comments:

stromsjo said...

From Örsundsbro over the bridge Öresundsbron then? Well, why not. I learnt to appreciate parts of Malmö during my year of extensive traveling a while back. If you haven't already been there, I think you'd appreciate a visit to the restaurant Salt&Brygga in the western harbor district.

Poppy Q said...

Oh that has made my mum hungry.

Pia K said...

Thanks for that tip, Per, no I haven't been there, yet, but I read about the place in the papers this summer. Sounds very appealing!

I hope your mummy did get some nice food then, Poppy Q...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...