Friday, September 14, 2007

Still A Scorpio

Anyone but me who've noticed that strangely enough parts of Blogger are now in German...? And apparently the astrological signs and the Zodiac doesn't look the same in Germany as in the rest of the world, since *oopsie* I've suddenly become a Cancer (Krebs) instead of a Scorpio - and my birthday is still in late October...

Why I find this idiocy so extremely irritating - moreso than the fact that English is being outwormed by German for unknown reasons... - and misleading, me who have only the very slightest surface interest in astrology, oh I suppose that's an answer that can only be found among the stars above...

tulpaner 039

6 comments:

Her indoors said...

Yes...at last someone else has noticed the German bits of Blogger. I thought I was on my own! When you publish a post the View Blog message has also been translated.

Pia K said...

The strangest thing... I saw someone who's occupation had turned into a German word, and yes, I did notice that View Blog message thing last night - and I can't seem to find any information about why or how either...

stromsjo said...

Do you have Swedish or English messages normally, Pia?

I'm seeing the German stuff too now. It's not the first time. I was German for a while before summer as well.

Usually it's a struggle between Swedish and English in my case. Somehow Blogger picks up that I'm a Swede and everything turns Swedish. Then I locate the button for changing language preference and I'm English. Sailing smoothly until I access Blogger from another computer where - of course - I'm a Swede again. And so on.

Pia K said...

English messages (I too am Swede now and then, that isn't quite as annoying...:), but since today they look really strange, like the failure messages ones you get when e-mails haven't reached their destination...

ian gordon said...

It's been going on for a couple of days.

German words in the profiles, and comments e-mails with loads of extra html stuff

Pia K said...

Pretty weird all this, an it still hasn't changed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...