Thursday, October 11, 2007

At Last...

Just when one thought the announcement of this year's winner of the Nobel Prize in literature once again would be that of a completely unknown author, and frankly more than slightly unreadable - it turned out to be such a very pleasant surprise and very well deserved winner, English writer Doris Lessing.

Someone I only yesterday had a discussion about, someone I had no idea was a serious contestant - since I rarely care about the Nobel Prize in literature for the above reasons... - and so I was both surprised and delighted, for many reasons, when I heard the news. At last, someone I'd both heard of and much appreciated reading. Admittedly, not nearly as much as I should have, but that just gives me a lot to look forward to...

My heartfelt congratulations, Doris Lessing!

071009 021

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...