Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bildt Called Fellow Passenger Turd

Earlier I wrote about the lack of parental guidance and code of conduct, and funny - or not... - enough I now have a perfect example of this lack of guidance apparently even extends itself up in the upper Swedish political and international spheres.

On a business trip to Milan the other day M found himself in the seat right behind Swedish Foreign Minister Carls Bildt's Italian wife and their toddler son. A child that was *slightly* more than tolerably rowdy and ill-behaved - and the accompanying parent didn't much care. When he got bored with running about he suddenly turned around in his seat, looking at M and demanding attention. After having chatted for a while M returned to his book, something which clearly wasn't appreciated by the boy who plainly called M a turd before he sat down in his seat.

I suppose one at least should be grateful that was the foulest word he could come up with. However, my personal view on these bad manners that leave a great deal to be desired is simply - like father, like son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the child in me, but I was hoping M had said "I know you are, but what am I?!"

Ahh...bratty children. All the more fun to antagonize

Pia K said...

Ha, ha, somehow one seldom come up with the perfect reply when one need it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...