Thursday, October 04, 2007

October 4th, Cinnamon Bun Day

Last year I actually missed the annual highlight of the Cinnamon Bun Day... This year I most certainly won't - so if I don't happen to stumble over a cinnamon bun on the town today, it then jumping straight into my mouth, I know I can at least rely on the ones at home. Which I baked yesterday, just to be sure this year's October 4th wouldn't be a complete disaster bunwise.

071003 019

I admit, I did sample a bit, when they came out of the oven smelling all deliciously homemade and mouthwatering - I think they're quite alright and up to a good cinnamon bun standard, although I added some walnuts, changed the flour and skipped a large part of the butter bit.

I could possibly feed the whole neighbourhood with the batch I got, but I won't. Instead they freeze well and will keep any stray wanderer happy for many dark and rainy evenings to come - and maybe one or two for undersigned as well.

I hope you get you buns warm today, happy Cinnamon Bun Day!

5 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

You guys actually celebrate a Cinnamon Bun Day?! Oh my, I've got to talk to Mayor Menino ASAP! Boston needs to adhere to this noble celebration. A Cinnamon Bun Day... Oh, yeah, we must have that!

That photo is killing me. I swear I can smell your buns! ~:D

Unknown said...

This is the best news of my day!! It's Cinnamon Bun Day?!? That's it, I'm going out for breakfast.

xox

Pia K said...

I'm glad this great celebration is so very appreciated - of course every city, every country should adhere to it, I'm sure that would make for much happier citizens!

Thanks for your kind words, Fénix:)

Oh I do hope you went out for breakfast and had a really nice cinnamon bun, heidkins!

stromsjo said...

Again, I agree with Fénix. Looks absolutely irresistible. I've got to admit that I didn't celebrate the day at all. In my defense I'd emphasize that the only cinnamon buns I came across looked miserable.

Pia K said...

Thanks, Per. I'm sorry to hear about your lack of cinnamon bun festivities, I can't imagine how completely devastating such a thing must feel...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...