Thursday, October 21, 2010

charity rags

017

I've been meaning to start crocheting rugs and such with old cotton rags for ages. But I just can't seem to find the time, energy or fabric to tear for that kind of projects.

Looking at these bundle of rags balls it's rather needless to say that I got over the moon excited when I saw that my favourite charity shop/thrift store had begun selling them already torn, by the kilo... And the balls were already so nicely colour matched in their respective bag.

036

Each bag (1 kilogram) cost the whopping equivalent sum of... 3$. Which is way less than I would be prepared to pay for it. Just the turning fabrics into rags is such hard and time consuming work...

When I have finished some ongoing and left-over yarn projects I think I will start making some rugs of these kilos. Nice to work with new material (even if it's much trickier to crochet with fabric than manageable yarny yarn) for a change.

030

3 comments:

Kea said...

What a great find! And such a good bargain!

That floral one (looks like roses) is especially pretty, Pia. I'll be interested to see how you do this. Maybe you need to post a step-by-step instruction video!

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Pretty as a picture! Looking forward to seeing what you make with them...

Lola Nova said...

Oh, I love how they look, so pretty and pleasant all together!
I have wanted to do that too but, yes it takes so much time to make the fabric into strips! How great that they have already been torn. Can't wait to see what you make of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...