Tuesday, August 20, 2013

budapest ferris wheel

139

Never got to ride this particular ferris wheel, even if I think they're rather great for enjoying a city from above I'm not too charmed by the modern type of ferris wheel. Probably more practical and safe I suppose, but not nearly as romantic and enchanting as the old ones.

138

Riding a ferris wheel by yourself is pretty un-entertaining and when in the company of someone who's afraid of heights, well, having a spin in it isn't a fun option.

120

Do you enjoy ferris wheels?
If so, where have you had the best ride in one?

4 comments:

Opus T. Penguin said...

I don't mind roller coasters but ferris wheels freak me out.

Elephant's Child said...

We have a baby ferris wheel which is erected at Floriade our spring flower festival each year. And each year I ride it, and marvel at the tulip beds laid out below.

Unknown said...

I always ride a Ferris Wheel with my kids... But I hate them! I'm not afraid of heights, and I love roller coasters and all kinds of spinny things... But not a Ferris Wheel! I'm perfectly happy to take pictures of them and admire them for the ground.

Growing Up Gramma said...

I love ferris wheels! I didn't always though. It wasn't until I was in 6th grade that I even went on one. I was quite the coward as a child, I wouldn't go on roller coaster or anything fun. A friend of mine convinced me to go on one with a cage. She said it would be safe. This kind of ferris wheel was on that you could flip the cage upside down. She promised not to flip it and we would just ride it. I agreed and very hesitantly got on. Once we were going, guess who lied to me? Yup, she flipped us upside down. When I realized I wasn't going to DIE I had a lot of fun. After that I went on everything!

The years later, I talked my husband, who was my boyfriend at the time to go on the ferris wheel with me. He hated them. He is afraid of heights. He promised though. However, I picked the double ferris wheel to go on. Yeah, that wasn't a good idea. He cussed thinking he was going to die the entire time. He was holding on so tight I'm surprised he could even let go by the time we were done. I was secretly amused by it all. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...