Tuesday, December 30, 2014

fly alaric dotty nails

fly alaric nails

My intention today was to write a 2014 in 12 pictures post - just like I did in 2013 and in 2012 and in 2010 - but however lovely such a recollection is, where everything started and how the year ended, the highs, the lows, the growth and everything between, it is also a time consuming task. And right now, neither time nor energy is at its peak, so I will save that post for later. That worked in 2011, so it will certainly do well for 2014 I'm sure. The post will be written in January instead.

fly alaric nails

Today I give you a glimpse of a little nail-fun I had today - fly agaric nails. A simple and rather effective way to spruce up your nails. Dots are surprisingly often the answer to the "how do I make this more fun?" question.

The red-ish speckled pink base colour is one of the Models Own bottles I got a while back. It's scented and called Rhubarb & Custard - yes really, it does have a faint scent of rhubarb, at least before you put on the top coat - and then I used a dotting tool for the white dots (Mavala White). But of course, a wooden tooth pick works too. Just dot away!

fly alaric nails

It's tricky to get the dots perfect, especially on the right hand if you're right handed, but then again, a fly agaric's dots aren't perfect either, neither is life. I think it turned out quite sweet and fun. And as I don't have any patience with nail art, I just play with colours, I am pleased to report it was a quick job sealed with a top coat.

And if the notion of fly agaric nails sounds a bit frightening, just call them christmassy nails with snow flakes. Happy dotting!

fly alaric nails

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...