Wednesday, July 29, 2015

strawberry smoothie delight

strawberry smoothie delight, july 2015

With all the strawberry action going on these days it's, believe it or not, easy to get tired of eating them berries in a bowl. So I decided to do something I rarely do these days (mostly because my blender is pretty useless, old and tired); a smoothie.

And I don't think I've ever made one with fresh strawberries actually.

strawberry smoothie delight, july 2015

Initially I thought I'd just go with the strawberries and a splash of almond milk, but that turned out to be too liquid and really rather lacking in natural sweetness. So I added a couple of bananas and a dollop of agave syrup. Which certainly did the perfect trick! The smoothie turned out perfectly delicious and satisfying. And certainly gave me a vitamin C overdose that day.

What's your favourite blend of ingredients
in smoothies you make yourself?


strawberry smoothie delight, july 2015

1 comment:

CrimsonAnna said...

Blueberry, banana and spearmint. Combined with the optional yogurt =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...