Friday, October 08, 2010

mushroom towel thoughts

023

I love mushrooms. Both the shape of and to eat. My father never touched them, said not even the cows eat them, they're just not fit for food. And that was that. For stubborn know-it-all him. But even if some of his traits, opinions and genes sure enough has been passed on to me, the can't-stand-mushroom-feature most certainly is not one of those. Mushroom dishes they are a fine fine thing.

As is the kind of huggable, fairytaleish mushroom shape. Thus I have been ogling this mushroom design for so long - from Swedish company Almedahls (founded in 1846) which has lots of classic, now re-born lovely design which I remember from my childhood and my mother from hers and so forth.

It comes in many shapes, like potholders, napkins, trays, fabrics. A while ago this prettiness of an autumnal tea towel said, with a tiny but adamant voice as I was walking past it in the shop, "I wanna move in with you and your furry, purry bunch" - and who am I to say no to such mushroomy adamantliness?

So now it hangs its days in my kitchen. I'm sure it'll be a useful towely thing that will brighten up many autumn days, weeks, months and years to come. And on that fungous conclusion I believe my father would have agreed.

Happy autumnal weekend ~

026

7 comments:

spudballoo said...

Oh it's delightful! It looks so modern and fresh too. Gorgeous design. x

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Gorgeous tea towel and I absolutely love mushrooms. They are my favourite ingredient and what I will look for first on a menu :)

P.K said...

Tea towels are a bit of an obsession for me. That is a beautiful design, the mushroom motif is elegant. I also like mushrooms to look at and to eat. Alas no one else seems to enjoy them as much as I do. More for me I say.

Lola Nova said...

I love that towel! I love to look at mushrooms, as for eating them I am a bit allergic. Of course that towel wouldn't hurt me in the slightest!

Åsa said...

Nämen vilken fin handduk. Skulle också tänka mig ha en sådan i köket :-) (eller om det var ett stort badlakan i frotté skulle jag mer än gärna vira in mig i den efter ett skumbad :-) )


Ha en riktigt fin och skön helg, Pia!
Krams
/åsa

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hello Pia
I love your mushroom towel - gorgeous print and great colours. You'll admire it every day, I'm sure :-)
I like mushrooms very much too, but Mr Bun is a little quirky. His favourite soup is mushroom soup, but he doesn't like eating whole mushrooms - I think it's the texture!
Have a fab weekend,
I'll be sitting down with pen and paper in the next few days to pen you a letter :-)
Denise x

Shaheen said...

So seasonal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...