Wednesday, February 23, 2011

creamy vegetable curry

I was amazed at exactly how delicious this curry became. It had been ages since I made something with coconut milk. Now I will definitely make a habit of using it more regularly. This is such a versatile dish, use your favorite veggies or what you have in the fridge, if your not inclined to shop. I usually use these veggies for a very, very satisfying meal. Once the chopping is done it's also very quick to make. Serves about 4 people.

Recipe in Swedish here - edit link doesn't work anymore unfortunately

024

Creamy vegetable curry


3 carrots
1 small broccoli
1 small cauliflower
1 yellow paprika/bell pepper
1/2-1 courgette/zucchini
100 g mini-corn or shredded white cabbage
sunflower oil
1 red chili, finely chopped
1 solo garlic
1 tin (400 g) coconut milk
1 tsp cumin (caraway)
2 tbsp curry
black pepper, salt

serve with: wholegrain noodles or rice
Rinse, peel, shred the vegetables. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli needs a bit more frying than the rest so begin frying them in a big wok pan with sunflower oil for a couple of minutes. Pour in the rest of the vegetables, stir and fry a short while.
Add the pressed garlic, chopped chili and cumin, stir. Add the coconut milk, stir some more. Let simmer for a while. Until the vegetables have a consistency that appeals to you. Season more with salt and black pepper.

6 comments:

heidikins said...

This looks absolutely delicious!! And now I'm craving curried something.

xox

Ottercation said...

Looks good. Simple too!

Fresh & Beauty said...

Your pictures is very cute :)

J said...

I always love to try new food recipes. Thank you for bringing this one to my attention. I have to give it a try.

Kitty Deschanel said...

Sounds yummy! I love that it includes so many vegetables :)

Jay said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm a vegetarian and I'm always looking for new recipes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...