Sunday, May 31, 2009

mother's day

Today is Mother's Day in Sweden. One of those hyped, highly commercialized days I can't stand in general. If your mother is of the sweet and truly well meaning kind, then of course she should be treasured every day, all year round. I usually never get my mother gifts on Mother's Day. Since I prefer to treat her nicely and give her gifts any other day than that. Because any other day I want to and not because there's some commercial hullabaloo surrounding one particular day a year.

This year she will however get something from the daughter that think she's the best (most days), just because I happened to stumble over something wee perfect recently and just because she deserves it, for a whole lot of reasons. The wee gift is a set with a lovely Swedish handmade soap and a matching scented candle from one of my favourite brands for just that, soaps and scented candles, Klockargården.

IMG_9872

Mammas Egen Tvål = Mother's Own Soap, with angel scent and the scented candle Mammas Kök = Mother's Kitchen. And yes, some herbal tea, rosehip and cranberry from Clipper. I think she'll appreciate the thought and the treat, as any day is mother's day.

4 comments:

Mama Feline said...

I totally agree with you about not enjoying the commercial mothers day. My mom insists we not spend money that day as it is all over priced just like valentines day, Christmas etc. We usually do something small to mark the day but prefer to treat my mom all year as she is a super star to us. I love the soaps you found though - great gift!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I am sure she will love her gift! I cannot forget mother's or father's day, they would be so hurt.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to all. That soap looks and sounds very nice.

Paz

Pia K said...

Glad you feel the same about the *day*, FF, and yes I'm happy I found the candle-soap-tea threesome, such things always make great gifts I think!

Yes she did love the gifts, Jacqueline, but she's on the same wavelength as me when it comes to *the day* so she never wants or expect anything I'm pleased to say:)

Thanks, Paz, they really are lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...