Tuesday, March 25, 2014

happy waffle day!

IMG_4352

March 25, Waffle Day in Sweden again. But to be honest I don't think I'm up to making waffles for dinner today. It's been a lovely day though including a very sunny soup for lunch. An eating experience is so much better with pretty looking plate, wouldn't you agree?

sunny soup at gro restaurant

This year's March 25 was also the premiere of the first Swedish vegan food magazine. How awesome is that?! I snatched a copy of course and it looks grand and full of interesting things including wonderful photos. And it's indeed a relief not having to sort through flesh recipes and nasty adverts for things I'd never eat. Fresh, fun, colourful and mouthwatering, can't wait to try something out.

Edit: given I can find vegan food items not containing palm oil, not a mean feat...

premiere - sweden's first vegan food magazine!

Hope you get all the waffles you deserve today!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I don't even own a waffle iron, so we give waffle day a miss. I didn't know about the new magazine, but will check it out immediately!

Poppy Q said...

I love a good waffle, but haven't had one in about three years. It is amazing that you have a special waffle day.

I can't believe there hasn't been a magazine like that in Sweden before. I would imagine there would be lots of vegan hipsters about? (I know you are too old and sensible to fit into that category Miss pia being the same age as me)

Julie Q

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...