Tuesday, November 22, 2011

the cove

I have only seen excerpts of the movie "The Cove", I am completely unable to see such senseless (and very human) cruelty against defenseless, peaceful creatures. I'm not one of those who has to be convinced about humanity's continous acts of evil. If you are able to watch this award winning documentary about the hunting of dolphins in Taiji, Japan for them to be sold alive to aquariums and marine parks all over the world or slaughtered for meat, you should. And tell others.

I follow the Sea Shepherd on Twitter, their daily eyewitness tweets about dolphins being hunted, captured and murdered are sickening. I retweet as much as possible. Just when compiling this blogpost I read this tweet: "dolphins incl.3 babies. Possibly 1 maybe 2 babies taken by dolphin resort. All other dolphins incl.babies brutally killed". Just another day of Weltschmerz...

You can also learn more about what you can do by watching this information video.

More information about their work, not only with the dolphins, can be found at The Sea Shepherd organisation's official website

"If you aren't an activist you're an inactivist" - Richard O'Barry

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Aaaargh.

Felis said...

Born free foundation make many about that to keep wild in wild. Joy Adamson is like goddess for me and I never doubted in something that she says. But I live here. It is wrong, but I'm gone on dolphinarium a few times. Yes they live in small place, but people who care for them there love them. I support Born free! Yes, but.. I live here I see truth... In my country animals have not right. Government had their eyes closed when guilt is proved that the fishermen. That was this summer and every summer before. If Born free get them and free them, they won't survive. Mrs Mac Kenna is so kindly (she wrote me once about Joy), but she hasn't idea how stupid country is this... Unfortunately my ... ... ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...