Tuesday, July 29, 2014

favourite breakfast and dessert in krakow - cafe camelot

krakow

My intention was to write a post about "my three favourite places for vegetarian food in krakow" or such, but I realised that it would indeed be a very long post. So I'll make three posts, one for breakfast (as in this one, which also happens to be the best place for dessert/treat and evening tea), one for lunch and one for dinner (both go equally well for one or the other).

krakow

Very, very close to our apartment on Florianska - the main shopping street in Krakow - was the delightful, bohemian Cafe Camelot situated. On a quiet side street, off the bustling main street and huge main square.

krakow

krakow

I'm glad we got to enjoy summer mornings and evenings outside there, but I'm sure the quirky, sweet interior would be wonderful to enjoy on autumn and winter days. Just my type of cafe, just the type of cafes they do so well, so very well in Poland (similar to the best cafe in the whole wide world Jozef K...).

krakow

krakow

But of course a cute cafe would be nothing without a really lovely menu that offers plenty of choices for vegetarians, right? Right. Camelot does that well. And look, the menu even holds the sweetest sketches of cats!

krakow

Their freshly squeezed fruit juices were awesome - one of those places that always served the food with fresh fruit - and the desserts wonderful. If there is such a thing as falling in love with a chocolate cake I might have done just that with the sticky, gooey one at Cafe Camelot...

krakow

One thing I really really miss in Stockholm - well Sweden in general - is the fact that there aren't any cafes opened late in the evenings, serving tea and tea drinks. Because pubs and wine-bars are far from always what you're looking for when rounding off an evening. I often find that tea is the best thing to round off most days actually. And if you want a tea drink, not only tea, they really do great tea drinks in Poland. (More of that in Sweden, please?)

krakow

At Cafe Camelot I had both a raspberry vodka one - not for the faint hearted I discovered - and a raspberry juice one. You pour your the alcohol/juice into the cup of hot tea and voilá a perfect tea drink!

krakow

One of the best moments spent in Krakow were at Cafe Camelot. Thank you for the delightful breakfasts and those long, dark, warm summer evenings, the people spotting opportunities and the gooey chocolate cake. I hope we'll meet again, some day...

krakow

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...