Saturday, September 19, 2009

el naturalista iggdrasil oxfords

IMG_5965

As it happened, just because my poor, aching and discerning left foot was in desperate need of (seasonal) change - and I really didn't have the heart to leave the right foot without a matching one - some new shoes have moved in.

IMG_5964

I had planned to get a new pair of comfy autumn shoes (before this painful business began), but well, who can say firmly 'no, just one pair' to feet who screams 'pain' and 'change'? I might be a big softie, because I clearly can't.

Two pairs were really just rekindling with familiar models (nothing wrong with that of course) - and as one was on sale and one was bought for the refund for the still mourned faulty yellow pair that doesn't strictly count as anything than a shoe re-investment rather than an actual buy. Perfect woman logic - but the el naturalista iggdrasils I had ogled for a long time and when I tried the oxfords on (had to go up one size though) they were just incredibly comfortable, supportive and kind to feet. Hence had to have.

IMG_5584

After having worn them two days in a row, walked a lot (without socks/tights, no blisters, touch wood) I think they're simply lovely. They render a very springy walk while hugging my feet in a lovingly still giving room for movement way. I'm especially fond of the very soft, sturdy and shock absorbing heel area.

Now I just hope the feeling from these first couple of wear-days will be a true sign of quality and comfort to last. Touch wood. Again.

IMG_5604
They will also look pretty awesome with some nifty socks.

Last, but not least, I do love their quirky, cute looks - very 'me' some would say - (that might look rather clownish on a very short person), the round and slightly uppish toes, the recycled soles, the craftsmanship and despite so not being a purple person, I totally dig their gorgeous, moodlifting somewhere between wine-red and purple hue. I believe happiness can sometimes be found in a pair of (comfortable) shoes.

IMG_5963

6 comments:

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

never mind the eco content - fantastic colour!

heidikins said...

Oooooooh!! Those are adorable! Love 'em!

xox

Anne said...

Oh, ABSOLUTELY fantastic!!! I love those!!!

Poppy Q said...

Very cute Miss P.

I always wear flattish shoes now, my feet can't stand heels. I do wear a lot of Keen shoes, as they are the most comfortable I can find.

I hope these ones last better than the yellow shoes, although they were awfully cute too.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE these shoes! ;-)

Paz

Pia K said...

thanks, afos, heidikins, anne, paz, glad to be of happy service!;)

julie, so far they're rather amazing, i do hope they'll last a whole lot better than the yellow ones yes (still mourn the though... more about them later. again). i don't think keens are common in sweden, i see some models there i can definitely see for myself. as well as other certainly not. but that goes for el naturalista too, i do adore many models and the overall style, but some shoes are just plain boring and some doesn't fit my feet and feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...