Sunday, July 04, 2010

the not so perky post

090

Just look at this fantastic fabric! Oh I had planned a most perky post today.

Instead I am in a very not perky mood. I have once again something that very much spells tonsillitis (with a touch of bronchitis and sinusitis, oh lucky threesome me). This seems, after
last year's horrible April, to be a far too re-occurring ailment of mine. And the one I hate most, all about the sore throat.

My Dr Feist is on holiday until August 15 (lucky her) and the district health care centre of our municipality is a place that leaves a whole lot to be desired competence and people skill wise, hence I avoid it as much as I possibly can.

Now pondering to wait and bide and hope and will the sore throat away - a state that somehow seems worse when in a summer heatwave like ours at the moment - or get an appointment with Dr No-good, get some medicine (perhaps) and get well asap (maybe).

On the one hand I absolutely hate the sore throat and feeling crap, on the other hand two of my least favourite things in life is going to the doctor's and taking medicine.

One the one hand it would be awful if July would be a somewhat lost month due to this - because whatever I do the soreness of throat and bronchus, the cough constantly fret, I'm unsocial and feel rather miserable, tired but at least not feeling feverish and touch wood no snivelling nose - on the other hand a healthy and (reasonably) sane body and mind really should be able to deal with this on its own.

There's so much I want to get done before there's a most well-deserved summer holiday in a few weeks. So, to rely on the power of will or not that is the question. The issue upon which a sore throat figuratively revolves. Surely free will deserves a few days until one-woman reassembly and deliberation.

And some time after that I hope to get back with that most buoyant of posts. With a fabric of many colours. And a whole lot of paint.

3 comments:

Kea said...

I'm sending you lots of healing vibes (Light), but think it might be a good idea to brave the not-so-competent doctors and get something for it.

BTW, that fabric is just gorgeous! I'm looking for a funky piece of fabric I can use as artwork in my bedroom, but we're pretty limited here by one chain store only in this city. Pathetic.

Anyway, I hope today's a better day!

Erica said...

I hope you feel better soon, Miss Pia. Sending healthy, happy, bright and cheerful thoughts your way!

Pia K said...

thank you, kea. luckily i didn't have to get tp the going-to-the-doctor bit. complaining in blog did the trick:)

i hope you find a great fabric, perhaps looking in thrift stores? there are some fantastic finds that hied in such places...

thanks, erica, blog-whining and good thoughts and reasonably presto i felt better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...