Thursday, January 23, 2014

black and red maryjanes

shoe per diem

These are certainly not shoes for the season, but they are the latest ones I purchased (for birthday money, yes it was a second pair this time, I'm easy to please in certain aspects...) and it's nice to look forward to inagurating them in a few months.

I really wanted another pair of the awesome pink ART oxfords I got last summer, in red. Because they are not only lovely to look at the combination model/sole/heel makes them one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever had the good fortune to stumble upon. But alas not available in that in my size anymore, so I went with a black/red maryjanes with a fab red heel instead.

shoe per diem

They are adorable, but after trying them on I have to say that my first impression is that they feel conciderably less sturdy and supportive compared to the oxfords. I find the open parts too open for perfection and the strap tad delicate for me. Obviously I haven't worn them out and about yet, too late in the season purchased for that, but when I do I won't chose to wear them when I know there'll be a lot of walking involved. (Like with the summer sandals.)

One thing I've come to realise though is that every shoe is not for every occasion (duh!) - it is perfectly fine to save some for special, dainty affairs. And you know what, these shoes are not only adorable to look at, they totally make me feel like dancing. Arriba!

shoe per diem

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good looking shoes....Just go out dancing!

Poppy Q said...

So cute Miss Pia.

Isabella G&G said...

This is a really nice pair of shoes, and I totally agree with the fact that not all shoes are for every ocassion, and I think that is what makes some shoes a very special pair. I am a great fan of El Naturalista and Art, their philosophy and their designs are to fall in love with.

The funniest thing is that it is much cheaper to get them in Germany or German online stores such as Amazon.de than here in Spain or Spanish sites, how can that even be possible?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...