Sunday, January 26, 2014

the flirting in the window

writing in the window

Love this writing in the window of a cafe I sometimes visit, but mostly just pass by on my way to and from the train in the city. So many things in life captured in a few simple, fun and flirtatious sentences.

"Do you want to come home with me for an after-party? No? Do you want to come and see my etchings? Ok, pity. Come up and count my cats? Not that either. Would you like to come home with me and have a cup of tea then? (...) What kind of tea? It's red tea. Rooibos. With pomegranate and sea buckthorn. I'm making it a bit strong. The way guys like it. Well then. It's down here. Welcome in!"

Myself, I would just say, come in and count my cats (and you'll possibly count forever) and have a cup of tea (I have an endless assortment to chose from).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hospitality beats everything else for making and keeping friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...